Among this summer you have surely heard about the most rumored ingredient of the year. We are referring to Niacinamide, darlings. Niacinamide, which is also called nicotinamide, is a form of vitamin B3 (niacin) found in supplements, skin-care products, and food. This magic element is enclosed in our beloved SCREEN-ME SPRAY and in the iconic High Protection cream SPF 50.
Want to know more? Keep reading to a complete presentation of this helpful vitamin!
What it is
Niacinamide is part of the eight B vitamins which your body needs for good health. Since it’s water-soluble, your body doesn’t store this vitamin, which is why you need to eat nicotinic acid or niacinamide daily. But do not worry, you can find it in the most part of your every-day food, like cereals, green veggies, beans, fish and milk.
You can also integrate it by using creams, serums and lotions to apply directly on your skin. Together with the natural substances in your skin it will help to visibly minimize enlarged pores, improve uneven skin tone, and soften fine lines and wrinkles.
What it does
Niacinamide has a lot of benefits as a skin care ingredient as well, including:
- Immunity: it reduces the impact of environmental damage thanks to its ability to improve skin’s barrier (its first line of defense);
- It reduces inflammation;
- Reduce pore appearance;
- Regulates oil production: niacinamide can also help regulate the amount of oil produced from the sebaceous glands;
- Protects against sun damage: it can rebuild healthy skin cells while also protecting them from damage caused by UVA rays. This is why it’s such a unique ingredient in sunscreen product formulas.
- Treats hyperpigmentation;
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles;
- Protects against oxidative stress: niacinamide helps build cells in the skin while protecting them from environmental stresses, such as sunlight, pollution, and other external agents;
- Treats acne: it may be helpful for several acne issues, especially inflammatory forms like papules and pustules. Over time, you may see fewer lesions and improved skin texture.
How to use it
When used every day in your skin care routine, niacinamide may have a positive impact on your overall skin health. Using niacinamide is as easy as finding great skin care products that contain it. You can include it in each step of your skin care routine such as:
- Serum treatments;
- SPF: broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or more are the best, for example you can use our SCREEN-ME SPRAY SPF 30 or SPF 50+ if you want an easy and fast application, or our High Protection cream SPF 50 if you prefer to cuddle your skin with further more nourishment.